Preparing for our arrival:
- You must advise our Technician of any persons on the property who have any allergy concerns and follow instructions from our Technician in relation to your Pest Treatment, in particular to precautions for allergy suffers.
- We recommend that all food products be stored away, clothes be taken off clothes lines, and any shoes or toys be stored away prior to treatment. If possible any furnishings should be moved away from skirting boards edges, prior to the application of the contact agent.
- Cover fish tanks and bird cages
- Have domestic pets treated for fleas before we arrive
- If there are items underneath the home in raised homes, please ensure to make it accessible for our pest technicians to treat.
Things to do after treatment:
- Avoid contact with treated surfaces until the agent has dried. This usually takes less than 2 hours from time of treatment.
- Mowing the lawn and keeping the garden tidy can reduce hiding places for pests who may live outdoors but come inside during the evening (i.e. rats and mice)
- Clear rubbish and debris lying around the home.
- Cardboard and other clutter should be disposed of.
- Fix any leaking plumbing and moisture around the home as this can create conducive conditions for termites.
- Clear guttering of leaf litter and other debris.
- If you have seen the signs of pests including noises, droppings, damage or mess, or see the pests themselves, the sooner you organise treatment, the sooner the issue will be solved.
If termites are discovered in or around your property, it is important that you do not disturb their environment, as this can cause further damage as they can relocate elsewhere.
It is important to do the following things:
- Stop doing whatever it was that caused you to find the termites.
- Call Allrid Pest Services for professional advice and to arrange an appointment to inspect and assess the problem.